Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life Drawing


It's been a really long time since I had a chance to go to life drawing. I decided to drag my tush to the class and had a really great time!

I recall during school how important it was for me to have a nice drawing at the end of class. I was always trying to emulate the teacher or the other great students in my class, but I think that because of that I didn't learn as much as I could have from life drawing. Instead of focusing on finding forms and rhythms, I was always just trying to make my drawings look like "that guy's" Today I decided to go into class just trying to learn and doing my own thing without worrying about a nice drawing that looked like anyone else's, and things worked out quite well! I both had decent drawings and I learned, and I had fun!

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Nice Drawing Victoria!

Angel said...

great stuff!

Desiree said...

So pretty, I love the softness of it!

Lewis Moronta said...

So much appeal and you learned something... what's better than that?

Kendra Melton said...

very nice, like the colors

Chester Chien said...

Great job. nice drawing.